Free Courses for Caregivers from VA and PsychArmor Institute
The VA and PsychArmor Institute have created a series of FREE courses specifically tailored to meet the needs of caregivers. These engaging and interactive courses are available on-line and on-demand.
No registration process – one click and you start learning:
- ABC’s of Respite
- Focusing on the Forgotten – Me
- Good Grief: Finding Hope
- Goodbye to Going it Alone: Learning to Ask for Help
- Creating a Space for You: Caring for a Loved One at Home
- Choosing your Words: The Power of Communication
- Mantram Repetition
- How to Connect with your Checked Out Veteran
- Introduction to Invisible Wounds of War
- Invisible Wounds of War at Home: What is PTSD
- Invisible Wounds of War: Symptoms of PTSD
- Invisible Wounds of War at Home: What Family Members can do about PTSD
- Invisible Wounds of War at Home: What is TBI
- Invisible Wounds of War at Home: What Family Members can do about TBI
- Invisible Wounds of War at Home: Substance Use Disorder
- Invisible Wounds of War at Home: Understanding Depression
Visit Caregiver training courses to start your FREE learning!
New Classes Coming – From courses on intimate partner violence to understanding the VA for Caregivers, we continue to add new content to our Caregiver School to help you navigate the caregiver world.
With VA’s Caregiver Support Line assistance is just a quick phone call away. Whether you’re in need of immediate assistance or have questions about what services you may be eligible for, the caring licensed professionals who answer the support line can:
Tell you about the assistance available from VA.
Help you access services.
Connect you with the Caregiver Support Coordinator at a VA Medical Center near you.
Just listen, if that’s what you need right now.
If you’re just getting started with VA, calling the Caregiver Support Line is a great first step to take to learn more about the support that’s available to you.
Connecting Those Who Have Served