Educating the community about the unique needs of military, veterans and their families is an important part of our mission. Through our education & training programs, ServingTogether’s objective is to provide tools for organizations serving the military and veteran community within the Mid-Atlantic region to improve awareness of military and veteran needs, build overall capacity, strengthen organizational health, and increase provider engagement across the region.
ServingTogether offers presentations to non-profits, government/military agencies, workplaces, health professionals, and more. Presentations can be tailored to the specific needs of your audience.
ServingTogether, a program of EveryMind, is a local administrator of Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)–Adult, Youth, and Military modules. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an 8-hour, evidence-based training presented by certified Mental Health First Aid USA instructors. It teaches how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.
Request a presentation today for your workplace, school, or community group (including faith-based organizations and non-profits) or request ServingTogether’s participation at your resource fair event. Click on the Education Request Form below and we will be in touch soon.
ServingTogether is honored to serve as the Regional Community of Practice Champion for the Mid-Atlantic and North East Regions of AmericaServes, to develop and implement professional development opportunities for network users working and serving the military and veteran populations. Topics have been built and were driven by feedback from organizations seeking to understand the unique challenges of our military and veteran populations. Since launching this initiative we have conducted four successful training events bringing over 565 AmericaServes network users and community providers valuable information to support their professional growth. You can view the recorded webinars on-demand below.
Recorded Webinar Trainings Available:
- Recognizing the Effects of Secondary Traumatic Stress & Burnout
- Military Culture and Moral Injury in Veterans
- Serving Unique Needs of Minority Veterans and Sub-Populations (2-Part):
- Invisible Wounds of Military Service: The Impact of Military Sexual Trauma
- Improving Access to Behavioral Health Services for Military and Veterans
- Preventing Suicide Among Military and Veterans
- Lethal Means
- Preventing Suicide, A Clinical Approach
- The Community Impact on Suicide Prevention (Begins at 1 Hour Mark)
- Supporting Our Veterans: Trauma and Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Shared Cost: Communities’ Roles & Veteran Transition Stress
- ServingTogether’s 3 Year In Practice Review