Catch A Lift – Fitness for Wounded Warriors
Since their founding in 2010, the Catch A Lift Fund has helped thousands of post 9/11 combat wounded veterans regain their mental and physical health through gym memberships, in home gym equipment, personalized fitness and nutrition programs and a peer support network. Catch A Lift vets are seeing and feeling results including dramatic weight loss, reduction in medications, improved sleep patterns, and strengthened relationships with family and friends, thanks to their healthier lifestyle. CAL’s veteran testimonials attest that CAL has “saved their lives”; the greatest impact of all.
Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, who deployed & sustained combat related injuries with a VA rating of 50% (with a minimum of 30% in one combat related injury) and above, reside in the United States, can apply to the Wellness Program Part 1.
Veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces, who were deployed Post 9-11, served in Iraq and/or Afghanistan (OIF,OEF,OND) & sustained combat related injuries with a VA rating of 50% (with a minimum of 30% in one combat related injury) and above, reside in the United States, can apply to the Wellness Program Part 1 and Part 2.
Once you are preliminarily approved, you will have an interview with a Veteran Coach and if final approval is granted, you will have immediate access to the Wellness Program.
The Wellness Program Part 1
- Coaching, mentorship, and accountability provided by CAL veteran/civilian staff & volunteers
- Motivational support
- Weekly text inspiration
- Outreach calls & more
- Nationwide events that connect you with other veterans
- A personalized online dashboard for easy access to CAL information
- Full access to the Landing Zone – a proprietary online wellness platform for every wellness discipline
- Live stream weekly podcast hosted by Veteran Coaches featuring Veteran guests
- CAL Fitness App Programming (Strengthlete)
- One on one coaching in a 12 week program with your choice of a specific wellness discipline
Wellness Program Part 2 (Post 9-11 Veterans) In addition to the Wellness Program, if you wish to receive a grant for a gym membership or home equipment, eligibility is available upon graduation from your 12 week Wellness Program.
- If you do not upload the required documents your application is considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed until proper documentation is provided.
- All submitted applications will receive an immediate confirmation email.
Apply or get more info here: https://catchaliftfund.org/