DC Hire Vets – Apr 4
In partnership with the DC National Guard (DCNG) and the Mayor’s Office of Veterans Affairs (MOVA), the DC Department of Human Resources (DCHR) will host a veterans’ hiring event on Wednesday, April 4, 2018. The event will offer veterans, veterans’ spouse, and transitioning military members the opportunity to participate in professional development workshops and connect with District, state and federal agencies, private-sector companies, and service organizations.
The event is FREE, but registration is required. DCHR encourages advanced registration, but same-day at the door registration will be available.
- Who: All veterans and veterans’ spouse in the surrounding areas are invited to attend. The event is restricted to veterans and veterans’ spouse.
- What: “DC Hires Vets” will offer veterans the opportunity to apply and interview for positions with the District of Columbia Government, federal agencies and private-sector companies. Veterans and veterans’ spouse can also engage onsite with District and federal agencies which provide services to veterans.
- Where: DC Armory, 2001 East Capitol Street, SE, Washington, DC 20003
- When: Wednesday, April 4, 2018; 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Registration: Advanced registration available via Eventbrite but veterans and veterans’ spouse can also register at the event.
- Learn more: Please continue to follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for more information.
Attendees must bring one of the following documentation to the event (only one is required):
- DD-214 Discharge Form
- Military ID
- VA Card
- Letter from an assisted veterans’ home indicating status as a veteran.
If your agency or company would like to participate in the 2018 DC Hires Vets event, please complete the event employer registration form.
For additional information or questions, please contact the DC Department of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.442.9700
Participating DC Government agencies:
- Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE)
- Washington Metro Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
- Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP)
- DC Department of Transportation (DDOT)
- DC Department of Forensic Sciences (DFS)
- DC Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Metro Transit Police Department (MTPD)
- Metropolitan Police Department (MPD)
- Office of Risk Management (ORM)
- DC Department of Health (DOH)
- DC Water
Participating state and federal agencies:
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- U.S. Census Bureau
Participating private-sector companies:
- InterContinental Washington DC-The Wharf
- Veteran Staffing Network of Easter Seals
- Army and Air Force Exchange Service
- Goodwill of Greater Washington
- Melwood Veterans Services
- Admiral Security Services
- CACI International Inc
- The Mission Continues
- Two Marines Moving
- G4S Secure Solutions
- The American Legion
- Southwest Airlines
- Johnson Controls
- New York Life
- Teracore, Inc.
- Prism Inc.
- SOME Center for Employment Training
- University of the District of Columbia
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Wounded Warrior Project
- The 5House Group
- Serving Together
- U.S. Vets