Operation FINALLY HOME accepting applications for homes in Northern Virginia
Operation FINALLY HOME provides custom-built, mortgage-free homes to wounded, ill and injured veterans and the widows of the fallen from all branches of the military and all military campaigns. Applicants are considered case-by-case and those considered to receive a home should meet the following criteria.
- Combat related injuries rated 70% or more by DoD &/or VA
- Received an honorable discharge
- Clear criminal background check
- Acceptable credit rating
- Demonstrated financial need
Should a potential applicant own a home, an explanation is needed as to why they should receive a new home. In addition, prior to being awarded a home, it must be sold with proceeds donated to Operation FINALLY HOME to help cover the construction costs of the new home.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibilities of home ownership; suitability determined through application process.
- Demonstrated ability to take on financial responsibilities of home ownership which include, but are not limited to, property taxes, homeowners insurance, utility bills, maintenance, homeowners association dues where applicable and moving expenses.