Request for Donations – Safe Haven

Veteran’s Safe Haven is looking for donations of household and clothing items for their homeless veteran residents who are transitioning from the Safe Haven house to their own apartment.  Many of the occupants of the VA Safe Haven homes are not residents of Montgomery County and, therefore, cannot take advantage of the services the county provides in regards to donated items.

If you, your organization or someone you know has items to donate, please contact Leah Lyons at or 240-833-2172. Below is a list of items typically needed by transitioning veterans.

  1. Move out house hold items including bedding, bath and kitchen supplies.
  2. Secondary “extras” such as pictures, lamps, older/smaller televisions, radios, coffee maker, etc.
  3. Clothing or gift cards to purchase clothing. Many of the veterans coming to the VA Safe Haven houses are coming in from the hospital, eviction, or literally street homeless and only have the clothes on their back.

Please feel free to contact Leah if you have any questions.  Thank you.