Register Now: Serving the Unique Needs of Minority Veterans and Sub-Populations
Serving the Unique Needs of Minority Veterans and Sub-Populations
Tuesday, January 28
9:00 am – 12:30 pm EST
This forum is dedicated to training AmericaServes network users on how to better serve our underrepresented veterans, uncover areas of stigma and identify best practices in supporting their needs in the community. Our keynote and panel discussion will highlight the unique experiences of underrepresented veterans: women, LGBTQ+, racial and ethnic minorities, and chronically homeless veterans
9:00 am – 9:15 am: Introductions
- ServingTogether, a program of EveryMind
- Allegheny County Veterans Services
9:15 – 10:00 am: Engaging Minority and Underrepresented Veteran Communities
- Robert A. White, Director of Community Impact, Minority Veterans of America
10:00 am – 12:15 pm: Uncovering Areas of Stigma and Identifying Best Practices in Supporting Underrepresented Veterans
- Moderated by: Aryanna Hunter, Director, University of Pittsburgh – Office of Veterans Services
- Patti Gerhauser, Veterans Leadership Program
- Timothy M. Jones, Veterans Leadership Program
- Robert A. White, Minority Veterans of America
Who Should Attend?
Registered AmericaServes Network Users in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Staff and team members within the organization are encouraged to attend.
Individuals working with or supporting military and veterans are also invited to participate.
This workshop will be offered in person, but also virtually through a live webinar option.
This event will be held in person at:
Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum
4141 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
For additional information, visit:
Presented by ServingTogether, a program of EveryMind as part of the Regional Community of Practice efforts for the AmericaServes Mid-Atlantic Region. This project was supported under a Grant awarded by the Walmart Foundation to SU.