ServingTogether is Hiring!
EveryMind has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated professional to join our ServingTogether team as a Veteran Peer Navigator.
The Veteran Peer Navigator (VPN) is responsible for receiving, prioritizing, and providing triage to incoming assistance requests from clients (veterans, service members, and their family members/caretakers, and referring organizations). The VPN conducts a needs assessment, collects supporting documentation before providing the appropriate information about referrals to local, regional, and national resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Utilize database to track caller information, requests, case notes, resource provision, and follow-up.
Manage multiple service requests and resource referral follow-ups simultaneously
Evaluate client’s social, behavioral, and physical health needs and refer to resources within prescribed metrics.
Develop extensive knowledge of the National Capital Region’s military and veteran resources and services, in addition to other both public and private local, regional, and national resources.
Provide outreach and engagement as needed to include the ongoing identification of available public and private resources for military, veterans, and their families/caregivers.
Bachelor’s degree in social work/human services field strongly preferred or 2-3 years of related experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Information and referral, community outreach, and/or case management experience
- Familiarity with military and veteran population and related services is required
- Strong communication, coordination, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work collaboratively in a flexible work environment
- Provide excellent customer service to those seeking assistance
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks while working effectively as a team player.
- Maintain client confidentiality in accordance with organizational and federal guidelines.