Southern Maryland Veterans Collaborative Convenes at Charlotte Hall
This morning Charlotte Hall Veterans Home welcomed professionals from non-profits, local government, and businesses across Charles, St. Mary’s, Prince George’s, Calvert Counties and the District for 2018’s final convening of the Southern Maryland Veterans Collaborative.
Today’s featured speaker was Jenny Chanko, Outreach Specialist with Wounded Warrior Project. Jenny delivered an excellent presentation on the many programs and services they provide. Focusing on three primary areas: mental health & wellness, physical health & wellness, and economic empowerment, using a three-tier framework dependent upon the Warrior’s or Alumni’s need.
Some important things to note:
- Warriors – still on active duty or have not fully exited the military
- Alumni – those who have fully exited the military
- Warriors and Alumni are eligible to register if they sustained a wound, injury, or illness on or after September 11, 2001, during (not necessarily resulting from) the military service.
- Registration is required to participate in Wounded Warrior Project programs
- Resources are available to veterans of all generations
The next meeting of the Southern Maryland Veterans Collaborative is 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on February 7, 2019, at Charlotte Hall Veterans Home. For more information, email email@example.com.