UMA/USPTO Veteran Hiring Fair – Sept 14
UMA/ USPTO Veteran Hiring Fair 2018
The U.S. Patent & Trademark Office Military Association (UMA) and the USPTO Office of Human Resources (OHR) are working together to provide veterans the opportunity meet with both Government agencies and private sector companies that are looking to hire veterans.
Government agencies joining the USPTO include:
- Internal Revenue Service
- Housing and Urban Development
- Dept of Energy
- Dept of Treasury
- Dept of Veterans Affairs
- United States Mint
- U.S. International Trade Commission
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- U.S. Census Bureau
- National Institutes of Health
To view the list of private sector companies that will be in attendance, click here.
Who Should Attend This Event & Why?
Exciting opportunity for veterans and transitioning service members! By registering for this event, you will:
- Meet with several government agencies and private sector contractor companies recognized as top employers of Veterans all in one location!
- Learn more about the federal hiring process, how to get hired quickly through special hiring authorities, resume ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ and interview techniques.
- Hear real ‘Day in the Life’ experiences after being on active duty directly from veterans themselves.
Register today to secure your spot!
Hiring Fair Details
Throughout the day, various representatives from the Office of Human Resources, UMA, other agencies and contractor companies will be on hand in the Atrium to provide information and answer questions.
After Opening Remarks, the booths at the job fair will be available. There will be information sessions held in the morning that will repeat in the afternoon as follows:
|8:00 a.m.||Registration Check-In Begins|
|8:45 a.m.||Opening Remarks, Collin Nole and Candice Dow, UMA (Madison North)|
|9:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.||Job Fair opens (Madison South and Lower Atrium)|
|MORNING INFORMATION SESSIONS|
|10:00 a.m.||Real World Interview Preparation|
|10:45 a.m.||Resume Writing Myths|
|11:30 a.m.||Veteran Recruitment at the USPTO|
|AFTERNOON INFORMATION SESSIONS|
|12:15 p.m.||Real World Interview Preparation|
|1:00 p.m.||Resume Writing Myths|
|1:45 p.m.||Veteran Recruitment at the USPTO|
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office Madison Auditorium
600 Dulany Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
- Sharon Watson