VA Approved Courses @ UMBC Training Center
UMBC Training Centers’ is a VA-approved school that can accept Post-9/11 GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment & VRRAP funding for select programs. This guide explains the process for applying for VA educational benefits under each program:
- Post 9/11-GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E) (Chapter 31)
- Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP)
Please note that UMBC Training Centers does not determine eligibility for VA education benefits nor does it calculate housing allowance benefits. It is the responsibility of the veteran student to apply for VA benefits to determine eligibility for education benefits and to estimate housing allowance benefits prior to registering for a program at UMBC Training Centers.
For more information about VA benefit programs, please contact an Enrollment Advisor at email@example.com or call 443-692-6599.
VETERAN RAPID RETRAINING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (VRRAP)
A new program recently launched by the VA, VRRAP offers education and training for high-demand jobs to Veterans who are unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The VA considers over 200 job roles to be in high-demand and in preset within a range of occupations, including:
- Business and Financial
- Computer and Mathematical
- Architecture and Engineering
- Life, Physical, and Social Science
- Community and Social Service
- Education, Training, and Library
- Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media
- Healthcare Practitioner and Technical
- Healthcare Support
- Protective Service
- Personal Care and Service
- Sales and Related
- Office and Administrative Support
- Construction and Extraction
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Transportation and Material Moving
You may be eligible for VRRAP benefits if you are:
- A U.S. Veteran, AND
- Between the ages of 22 and 66 years old, AND
- Unemployed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, AND
- Not rated as totally disabled because you can’t work, AND
- Not already enrolled in a federal or state jobs program
To learn more about the eligibility requirements and process for requesting funding, visit here.