Virginia Veteran & Family Support Hiring
POSITION TITLE: Regional Care Coordinator
POSITION LOCATION: Fairfax City
POSITION UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF:
Chief Executive Officer
SALARY RANGE: 50,000 – 60,000 Annually
The Regional Care Coordinator (RCC) supervises goal-oriented services provided by Veteran Peer Recovery Specialists and Veteran Resource Specialist staff in the Northern Virginia Region. Goal-oriented services include, but are not limited to, service planning, care coordination, monitoring, skills training, peer recovery support, group facilitation, and resource navigation to veterans, service members and their families in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The RCC serves as the regional team lead for direct services provision, data collection, and evaluation under the direction of the Regional Director. This position provides consultation to regional team members on supportive services provision, peer support for PTSD, TBI and other military-related stressors, and will lead the regional case review process. The RCC will report to the Virginia Veterans and Family Support (VVFS) Regional Director and will assist in providing coverage as directed in the regional catchment area.
- Three years of documented work experience in human services and/or behavioral healthcare field is required. Understanding and knowledge of the mental health field and principles of client respect and confidentiality.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or other related field.
- Experience working with veterans and their families, or military service. Comprehensive knowledge of military culture, transitional struggles, and mental health needs of veterans and/or family members.
Excellent organizational skills; effective oral and written communication skills; office skills to include effective use of telephone, personal computer, calculator, ect.
Excellent ability to establish and maintain rapport with the consumer population; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and with private and public agency personnel; ability to function calmly in stressful situations; ability to keep personal and consumer issues separated; ability to work independently, exhibiting initiative and self-direction. Occasional evening and weekend work schedule is required.
Valid state driver’s license with good driving record. Some reimbursed travel required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide care coordination (assistance with navigating behavioral health and supportive services) services based on identified needs and goals.
- Provide assistance and guidance to regional staff members in the provision of client-centered service coordination.
- Management and documentation of direct services activities in the VVFS case record/data management system.
- Responsible for orientation and training of VVFS staff on DVS/VVFS services and job duties, job assignments, developing work schedules and approving timesheets.
- Supervises staff performance in conjunction with Regional Director. Ensures all personnel issues are addressed in a timely, efficient and objective matter and they are communicated to NWCSB and VVFS Regional Director at the soonest opportunity.
- Assist Regional Director with management of regional program budget.
- Work in conjunction with the regional teams to maintain a network of supportive resources provided by agencies within the region. This includes, but is not limited to, DVS divisions, Veterans’ Services Organization, area colleges and university systems in the region.
- Provide training on military cultural competency and transition and associated challenges to partner organizations and stakeholders.
- Participate in staff, regional and statewide team meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Complete weekly reports and other reporting requirements as needed and in a timely manner.
For more information, please visit http://www.nwcsb.com/jobs.php.
To apply, please send your resume and application to email@example.com.