Women on the Water Wednesday – July 26
The George Washington Chapter will be hosting their first Women Warrior Ladies Night Out mini-event!
Wed, July 26, 2017
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Pohick Bay Regional Park
6501 Pohick Bay Drive
Lorton, VA 22079
For more information and to register, visit:
- If you will be fishing, you’ll need to obtain a fishing license prior to coming out.
- Volunteers, please arrive at 4 pm to get the boats and gear ready.
- The park closes at dusk, so we’ll need to be off the water around 7:30 to load boats.
- Since it’s a mini event, we will not be providing food or drinks; please bring your own with you.
- We will meet at the Shore Launch, see the park map: https://www.novaparks.com/sites/default/files/maps/Pohick%20Bay%20Park%20Map.pdf.
Looking forward to seeing you out there!
Let’s go fishing!
Heroes on the Water offers free kayak fishing excursions to injured or sick service members (and veterans) from all branches of the Armed Services as well as their family members.
Experience the peacefulness of being on the water, the thrill of fishing from kayaks, and the adventure of being outdoors while enjoying the camaraderie of hanging out with other vets, passionate volunteers, and loved ones.
We supply kayaks, fishing gear, PFDs, paddles, water, and lunch. Normally entry/launch fees are waived as well. Participants who wish to fish need to obtain a fishing license before fishing. Contact us with questions about licenses.