Happy New Year from the ServingTogether Team
Happy New Year from the team at ServingTogether. The past year has been a challenging one for us all. We have seen the demand for services and support increase twofold since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. We wanted to share with you, our partners and clients, a look back on the accomplishments that ServingTogether provided in 2020 to help our community of military, veterans, and their families.
- ServingTogether network has grown in collaboration with Unite Us. In 2020, the Mid Atlantic Community Network served 890 clients requesting assistance for over 2,353 unique needs including housing & shelter, food assistance, employment, financial support, benefits navigation, and more.
- One of the largest concerns facing our veteran and military families during the pandemic is food insecurity. ServingTogether was featured in New York Times and on TODAY to shed light on this major need. ServingTogether partnered with the Montgomery County Food Council and Teens Helping Seniors and other partners to have fresh produce delivered directly to veterans and military families in need. ServingTogether continues to seek collaborative partnerships throughout the region to support the growing demand for food assistance.
- The ServingTogether team led the Regional Community of Practice for the Mid-Atlantic region, providing training to over 659 individuals working to support our military and veteran community on topics ranging from Minority Veterans, Behavioral Health, Military Sexual Trauma and Suicide Prevention. Just this past Fall, we expanded this work in the Mid-Atlantic through to now include New England. We could not be more excited to welcome providers from the New York City and Rhode Island coordination centers to our Regional Community of Practice education series.
- Our team contributed to furthering collaboration and capacity-building in our communities by conducting and supporting over 181 Community Collaborative meetings in DC, MD, and Northern VA. This work provided over 84 trainings and presentations throughout the National Capital Region, including ServingTogether network refresh trainings, our 2-year In Practice Review, and Town Hall series in preparation for the launch of the DC Military-Veteran Advisory Council.
- Our program is continuing to grow through connection and partnerships to networks like Connect NSV, Unite Virginia, VetLex, and the Mid Atlantic Community Network. We’re excited to explore more growth in 2021 into Central Maryland including Anne Arundel County, Howard County, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and Harford County.
We could not do the work we do without your support. But our work is not done. Now, more than ever, we need your support. Please consider donating to support the wraparound coordinated care for military, veterans and their families through our work at EveryMind.
We wish you a great start to the New Year!
-The ServingTogether Team